Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Girl bonding: SPA TIME

A couple of weeks ago I went back to Manila to celebrate my sister's birthday. And to have some girl bonding time with my favorite cousin in the whole wide world, Janna, whose birthday happen to fall on the same week I'd be in Manila.

She wanted to try to have a nice massage after her hectic schedule and her stressful week. She is by the way a registered nurse and she works as a rescue crew (like a paramedic, I guess) and a clinic nurse at the same time. Nice huh?
Anyway, back to our bonding moment. I'm not a spa addict unlike my friends so i just knew just a couple  of Spa in Manila, and since she told me she's on a budget I asked my friend Kat for any suggestions. She gave a lot, but we decided to try NUAT THAI in Tomas Morato, Quezon City.
We were thinking of how to get there through commuting but we needed to take a lot of jeepney and bus rides to get there so we decided to take a cab.
the birthday girl and me!


We arrived at Nuat Thai.  We didn't saw the spa right away since its on the side street.
 It's on the same building as Congo grille but its entrance is on the side of the building.



The Ambiance was nice and the price is just right.



we decided to have a Swedish massage.
( 350.00 Pesos about $8.50)



 With no idea of what's going on, (haha.. we are both first timers), we just did whatever they told us.
 We were asked to wait first and sit on the bench, while waiting, saw a mirror so we strike a pose (camwhores! hehe). 
Then the therapist gave us both slippers and led us in.


 stone walkways.. very Asian feel



we were then asked to stay in a little room with just a bench and no light. 
we were clueless. hahaha. We kept asking questions to each other when we both know we didn't know whats going on. (TOINK! haha)


turned out this is the room where the therapist will wash your feet with warm water.

the washing of feet
after that we were led to our cubicles for the treatment itself. The Swedish massage was great. 
Our sore muscles were truly relaxed.  
The treatment lasted for an hour

see?? she even told me she slip into a light nap while she was being massage
 after that we were offered a hot tea
 before we head out we took another pose on the pathway

oh my! I am truly gaining weight!

  



 and as a designer, this caught my attention. I love the tiles they used on their powder room! (hehe)


 after the massage we went back to the mall to have dinner. 
We decided to eat at Mann Hann

 mine was Spicy Spare Ribs
and Janna's was Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs



before she take a bite-- Picture time again


tea again
 after dinner although its a little late, I insisted to stop by at J.CO Donuts, I want to buy some for my brother and sister and for my mom and dad as well.

 I didn't care how long the line was as long as I'll get some J.CO, 

we have to line up outside the store before we can have our turn to line up again inside the store.
updating status! hehe

 finally! we're inside!




yay! our orders two dozen of delicious DONUTS!! 

the day was quite short for us, too bad we could have done a lot if window shopping
 but still the day was great!

 'till next girl bonding!
(belated!!) HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUZ! MWAH!

T

1 comment: